The harmful effects of chemicals are coming to the fore, and many companies are starting to think in terms of natural ingredients that our ancestors used and developing it for modern use. Natural tonics and supplements are gaining popularity these days. Noni juice has been used by thousands of people and appreciated. Many research studies are also being carried out to prove the efficacy of Noni juice.
Facts About Noni
Noni is known as Morinda Citrifolia in Latin. Its other names are Cheese fruit, beach mulberry, Indian mulberry, as well as great morinda. Noni is also available in Tahiti, India and Polynesia.
Native people living in South Pacific have been using Noni juice from time immemorial. Folk tales say that during times of famine, this fruit was used as a survival food in spite of its not-so-good taste. To modify the taste, these days, sweeteners like raspberry juice or pear juice are added to Noni juice.
Health Benefits of Noni Juice
Apart from being a great source of carbohydrates and fiber, Noni is also high in iron, niacin, vitamins A and C. The pulp of the fruit is used to prepare Noni juice which is free of fat and good source of protein. All in all, it is a fantastic health food.
Here are several benefits of noni juice :
• Antioxidant: Research shows that Noni juice can help in protecting and regenerating the natural antioxidants present in the body such as vitamin E and coenzyme Q10 which in turn helps getting rid of free radicals.
• Immune Booster: As Noni has a perfect balance of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, peptides, and enzymes, it is considered a good tonic that boosts the immune system.
• Stabilizes Blood Pressure: Noni is found to be effective in stabilizing the blood pressure in hypertensive patients.
• Anti-inflammatory: Noni juice has shown to exhibit similar action against inflammation as would an NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug).
• Anti-Cancerous / Anti Tumor: Researchers have isolated an anthraquinone named 2-methoxy-1,3,6-trihydroxyanthraquinone which is found to be an effective anticancerous compound. They believe that before carcinogens can cause damage to the DNA, this anthraquinone can detoxify and eliminate them. Apart from this, they believe that while Noni helps prevent the damaging effects of cancer, it is also nontoxic to the healthy cells.
• Analgesic : Noni was known as the “painkiller and headache tree.” Ancient people used to wrap Noni leaves on painful gouty joints. Noni has analgesic properties. It is 75% as effective as morphine sulfate in relieving pain.
• Germ Fighter: The compounds present in Noni such as anthraquinones, scopoletin, and terpenes make it a very effective germ fighter having antibacterial, antifungal, and antiparasitic properties.